- We encourage everyone to purchase tickets online to decrease touch points. Ticket reservation system automatically adds social distancing seat spacing between groups.
- Tickets are sold so as to only allow auditorium capacity according to current health order.
- We accept cash but encourage guests to use credit cards and gift cards whenever possible.
We've always prided ourselves on keeping our theatres clean, but we have implemented even more thorough cleaning practices.
- All ticket and concession areas, bathrooms, common areas, and shared electronic equipment are routinely cleaned and disinfected, with increased frequency throughout the day. Special attention is given to high-contact surfaces (door handles, countertops, faucets, railings, etc.)
- Time has been extended between show schedules to allow for thorough cleaning of auditoriums between showings. Auditorium entry/exit procedures have been modified to maintain social distancing and mandated crowd levels within lobby/common areas.
- Interior and exterior areas where guests queue are marked with 6-foot spacing.
- Theater staff are assigned in common areas to ensure the mandated social distancing is respected, and that cleaning/disinfection procedures are followed.
- Soft drink and other beverage machines are managed by theater staff only and not self-serve.
- Our drinking fountain is covered and unavailable.
- Prior to returning to work, employees must complete mandatory theater-based training, including information on enhanced cleaning procedures, personal health and wellness, use of face masks, gloves, and social distancing.
- Temperature checks of all employees is taken at the start of each shift. Staff are also asked some basic health screening questions to assess any symptoms. If no-contact infrared thermometers are not readily available, employees are required to report a temperature reading taken within 2 hours of reporting to work. Any employee with a temperature of at least 100.4 degrees is not allowed to work. They will not be allowed to return to work until they are fever-free for three consecutive days.
- Mask and gloves are required for all staff, and gloves are replaced regularly.
- Hand sanitizer and other disinfectant products are readily available in appropriate areas.
- Employee workstations maintain social distancing of 6 feet.
- Ticketing and concession food areas include marked social distancing staging points.
- Hand sanitizer and other disinfectant products are readily available at appropriate areas
- Notices are prominently displayed at entry points advising guests of in-theater cleaning protocols, social distancing requirements/capacity limits, and availability of hand sanitizing stations.
We appreciate everyone's cooperation and understanding of these policies and procedures to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. Other procedures may be added as needed.
Thank you to everyone for your business and returning to watch movies at the Portage Theatres!