The following changes have been implemented to help reduce the spread of COVID-19.
- We encourage everyone to purchase tickets online to decrease touch points. Ticket reservation system will automatically add social distancing seat spacing between groups.
- Tickets will be sold so as to only allow 50% auditorium capacity.
- We accept cash but encourage guests to use credit cards and gift cards whenever possible.
Increased Cleaning Protocols
We've always prided ourselves on keeping our theatres clean, but we have implemented even more thorough cleaning practices.
- All ticket and concession areas, bathrooms, common areas, and shared electronic equipment will routinely be cleaned and disinfected, with increased frequency throughout the day. Special attention will be given to high-contact surfaces (door handles, countertops, faucets, railings, etc.)
- Time will be extended between show schedules to allow for thorough cleaning of auditoriums between showings. Auditorium entry/exit procedures will be modified to maintain social distancing and mandated crowd levels within lobby/common areas.
- Interior and exterior areas where guests may queue will be marked with 6-foot spacing.
- Theater staff will be assigned in common areas to ensure the mandated social distancing is respected, and that cleaning/disinfection procedures are followed.
- Soft drink and other beverage machines will be managed by theater staff only and not self-serve.
- Our drinking fountain will be covered and unavailable.
- Prior to returning to work, employees will complete mandatory theater-based training, including information on enhanced cleaning procedures, personal health and wellness, use of face masks, gloves, and social distancing.
- Temperature checks of all employees will be taken at the start of each shift. They will also be asked some basic health screening questions to assess any symptoms. If no-contact infrared thermometers are not readily available, employees will be required to report a temperature reading taken within 2 hours of reporting to work. Any employee with a temperature of at least 100.4 degrees will not be allowed to work. They will not be allowed to return to work until they are fever-free for three consecutive days.
- Mask and gloves will be required for all staff, and gloves will be replaced regularly.
- Hand sanitizer and other disinfectant products will be readily available in appropriate areas.
- Employee workstations will maintain social distancing of 6 feet.
- Ticketing and concession food areas will include marked social distancing staging points.
Hand Sanitizer and Public Notices
- Hand sanitizer and other disinfectant products will be readily available at appropriate areas
- Notices will be prominently displayed at entry points advising guests of in-theater cleaning protocols, social distancing requirements/capacity limits, and availability of hand sanitizing stations.
We appreciate everyone's cooperation and understanding as we open with these new policies and procedures in place to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. Other procedures may be added as needed once we open.
Thank you to everyone for your business and returning to watch movies at the Portage Theatres!